Creating businesses & top-end entrepreneurs like never before.
DO GOOD AND DO WELL
- Get 5 entrepreneurs/startups once every 6 months, train them for three months and provide funding. You don’t need a business plan to apply. Just fill our online form and take our personal interviews.
- Start something people want and we will give you or help you find the resources you need to succeed.
- You don’t have an idea but still want to learn how to build a company? Join our “Business Startup Class”
What we look for:
- Seed stage or early stage start-ups. Maybe just an idea or not in existent for more than two years.
- Founders or idea owners must be cool.
- Your idea must be something the world needs.
- Applications from any part of Africa
What we provide:
- We provide seed capital.
- Selected teams (of 2) get to work from hub space in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal or Egypt. (depending on the requirement of the business, project specifications and geographical location )
- Weekly meetings with coaches to test and validate ideas, and product development at every phase
- We get together once year to celebrate our successes and yours, and tell the world how awesome you are.
- You access our network of founders, CEOs, Investors, Suppliers, Coaches, Angel Investors, Do-Gooders to grow your business
- We directly support sales and marketing drive
- We provide business development services and market intelligence
- We provide a team of 2 volunteers’ staff to work directly with you.
- We can build your website, manage your social media and overall business brand
- Business registration
- Training and mentoring.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Applications are open to all applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years as at the day of application
- The idea must be original; either at ideation stage or seed stage
- Residence of the applicant doesn’t matter as far as their idea provides a solution for developing nations and applicants are willing to set up first in Africa.
- Applicants must be willing to spend considerable amount of time on the idea to ensure success.
GRINDSTONE COHORT 1 and Fellowship Program:
Application begins on the 1st of September and Closes on the 30th of November
January 15, 2009: Announce winners